Food is essential for life, but it may also contribute to disease. That’s why it is so important to be careful and understand the risk behind certain food choices. It’s not about being picky or creating myths; it’s about caring for our health and going for the best nutritional choices.
When you think of causes of cancer, the first thing you may picture is radiation from X-rays and your own genetics. But these risk factors have minimal effect on your organism unless triggered by environmental factors: what you eat and how you live.
- What is Cancer? Overview, Warning Signs, Symptoms, and Causes
- 16 Fast Facts Colon Cancer Warning Signs and Symptoms You Should Not Ignore!
- Breast Cancer: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Stages, and Treatment
- Everything You Need to Know About Bone Cancer: Overview, Causes, Types, Signs and Symptoms, Diagnosis, Stages, and Treatment
- What Causes Cancer? And Common Cancer Types
That’s why we have gathered a list of 16 cancer-causing foods you should be aware of, especially if you have family predisposition towards any form of cancer:
Almost every form of red meat, including beef, is associated with a higher risk of cancer. It is tagged as a probable cause of cancer by the World Health Organization, which means it is likely to cause various forms of cancer, according to the literature. It was estimated that one for every six cases of colon cancer were associated with excessive consumption of red meat.